You may encounter situations where a client (such as a child) has a balance on their account, but they have a family member (such as a parent) who is paying for their transaction. When you try to credit or debit the client’s account, the associated family member who is paying for all transactions will instead receive the debit or credit. This causes an issue where it is not possible to remove the balance from the client’s account since all debits and credits are directed to the family member who is paying for their services.
In order to debit or credit the client’s account and not the family member who is paying for them, you must remove the payable relationship between the client and their family member.
To Credit the Client’s account:
- Open the client’s profile. Be sure that you are viewing the profile of the client whose account you want to debit or credit, and not the profile of the client who is paying the transactions.
- Click on Profile Details in the side menu. The client’s profile details are displayed.
- Click to expand the drop-down menu labelled All transactions for this account paid by at the top of the page.
- From the resulting list, click on “This Client”.
- Click on Save.
- Click on Accounts in the side menu. The account settings will be displayed.
- Click on Billing & Account Balance in the side menu. The billing & account screen is displayed.
- Credit or debit the account.
- Return to the Profiles Detail page (Click on Profile Details in the side menu.).
- Click to expand the drop-down menu labelled All transactions for this account paid by at the top of the page and choose the original family member who was previously paying for this client.
- Click on Save.