Note Available time cannot overlap with existing available time for a staff member. For example, if a staff member works from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., you cannot add another available time from 3:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Unavailable time also cannot overlap with existing unavailable time. However, unavailable time can be scheduled within available time, because unavailable time can be scheduled for lunch breaks or other types of breaks that occur during working hours.
Note Unavailable time overrides previously set available time. When adding unavailable time, no further modifications to the staff member’s regular working hours are necessary.
Note A staff member’s working hours cannot be canceled from the schedule. If you need to cancel a staff member’s working hours, you can do so from their profile. See Managing a staff member’s working hours for more information.
To set available or unavailable time on the schedule:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Schedule.
- Change to the Calendar and Day views. For details, see Schedule views.
- On the schedule, find the staff member for whom you want to set available or unavailable time.
- Click directly on the schedule under the staff member’s name and, in the list, select Add Available Time to add available time or Add Unavailable Time to add unavailable time.
- Enter the time details:
- In the LOCATION list, select the location where the staff member will be available or unavailable.
- In the START DATE and END DATE boxes, select the start date and end date, or select the Ongoing checkbox if you do not want to set an end date.
- Under DAY OF THE WEEK, select the days of the week to which the available or unavailable times will apply.
- In the START TIME and END TIME boxes, set the hours between which the staff member will be available or unavailable.
- Under SERVICES, select whether these working hours affect the staff member’s availability for all Appointment Types, or selected Appointment Types.
- Click All services including future if you want these working hours to affect the staff member’s availability for all Appointment Types.
- Click Select service manually and select the checkbox for each Appointment Type the staff member will be available or unavailable for during these working hours.
- Enter any notes associated with the available or unavailable time. These notes will be displayed either directly on the schedule or when you hover over the time on the schedule, depending on the Staff Availability Settings you have selected in the Look and Feel: Schedule settings.
- Click COMPLETE.