If a purchase needs to be refunded or partially refunded, it can be done from a client’s account profile.
When you perform a refund, you are returning an amount (full or partial) that was previously processed back to the client. When you void a sale, you are cancelling the transaction (i.e., the payment is not processed). You can only void a transaction in full and before the batch closes. For additional details, see:
- Voiding transactions
- Transaction batches and refunds
- Credit card and ACH/Debit refunds
- Refunding a transaction in WellnessLiving that was processed in another software
To refund or partially refund a transaction:
- On the Top Nav Bar, click Search and type the client’s information in the box. You can type the client’s name, phone number, email address, UID, or client ID. Click the name of the client for whom you are processing a transaction in the list.
- On the Client Profile menu, click Account.
- On the Account menu, click Transactions.
- Browse or use the search bar to find the transaction, product, or service you want to refund.
- In the ACTION column, click the Setup button , then click Refund.
- In the confirmation dialog box, click OK to continue.
- If multiple items were purchased in a single transaction, click REFUND for the items you wish to refund.
- Under Refund, you can indicate that an item is returned to your inventory by setting the Return to Inventory button under ACTION to ON.
- Under Payment Method to Refund, enter the refund details:
- In the AMOUNT TO REFUND field, enter the amount to refund the client. If you are performing a partial refund, the difference between the amount paid and the amount to refund appears in the REMAINING column.
- In the REFUND METHOD column, select the method from the list. A refund can only be issued to the payment method used to make the original purchase or the client’s account balance.
- Click REFUND.
- In the ACTION column, click the Setup button , and choose to email or print the receipt if required.