All businesses who wish to publish an iOS app are required to enroll in the Apple Developer program. This article will describe the process of enrolling in the Apple Developer Program as an organization. To enroll in the Apple Developer Program, you will need to pay a $99 (USD) annual publisher fee – charged by Apple. This fee is the same whether you enroll as an individual or as an organization, and it must be paid on a yearly basis.
The following must be completed to successfully enroll in the Apple Developer Program:
- Create an Apple ID. If you already have an Apple ID, you do not need to complete this step. Please note that creating an Apple ID is not the same as creating an Apple Developer account. Follow this link to learn how to create Your Apple ID.
- Obtain a D-U-N-S Number®. A D-U-N-S Number is a unique numeric identifier assigned to a business by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). It is a widely used business identifier. You cannot enroll in the Apple Developer Program without a D-U-N-S Number. Follow this link to learn how to request a D-U-N-S Number.
- Enroll in the Apple Developer Program. After you have created your Apple ID and received your D-U-N-S Number, you can enroll into the Apple Developer Program. Follow the instructions listed below to complete this step.
- Confirm and pay for your Apple Developer Program membership. You can complete this step via the confirmation email Apple sends once you have enrolled.
- Invite WellnessLiving to your App Store Connect. After you have successfully enrolled in the Apple Developer Program, you must invite WellnessLiving to your App Store Connect so we can generate app certificates, create your app, and update your app. Follow the instructions listed below to complete this step.
In this article:
- To enroll in the Apple Developer Program
- To invite WellnessLiving to your App Store Connect
- Frequently Asked Questions
To enroll in the Apple Developer Program:
- Go to the Apple Developer Program enrollment page and click Start Your Enrollment.
- Log in with your Apple ID and password.
- When asked to verify your identity, enter the verification code sent to your Apple ID email address and click Continue.
- From the Entity Type dropdown list, select Company/Organization and click Continue.
- Under Authority to Sign Legal Agreements, select the appropriate button. Upon selection, the Your Work Email field will be displayed. Enter your business email address; you must use a private domain name (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org). You cannot use gmail, hotmail, yahoo, or any of the common providers.
- Under Organization Information, enter the information for your organization:
- In the Legal Entity Name field, enter the name of the business as it appears in the D-U-N-S lookup. Your enrollment will not be successful if the legal entity name does not match the one in the D&B profile.
- In the D-U-N-S Number field, enter the D-U-N-S number assigned to the business.
- In the Website field, enter the URL for your website.
- In the Headquarters Phone field, enter the phone number where Apple can reach you.
- Apple WILL call to verify your enrollment.
- You can leave the Tax ID/National ID field empty.
- Type the correct characters in the CAPTCHA and click Continue.
- If you receive an error message under the Legal Entity Name field, click update your D&B profile and submit your business’s information. You may continue this process once your profile has been updated.
- On the Summary for Review page, review the information. Select the This is the correct headquarters address for my organization checkbox, and click Submit.
- When you receive an email named “Your program enrollment has been received”, forward that email to email@example.com.
- After Apple verifies your application and sends you a confirmation email, confirm and pay for your membership.
To invite WellnessLiving to your App Store Connect:
- Go to https://appstoreconnect.apple.com/login.
- Log in with your Apple Developer account information.
- On the App Store Connect home page, click Users and Access.
- Click the Add button .
- In the popup window, enter the following information and click Next.
- First Name: Achieve
- Last Name: WellnessLiving
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Under Roles, select the Admin checkbox.
- Under Developer Resources, select the Access to Certificates, Identifiers & Profiles checkbox.
- Click Invite.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a D-U-N-S number?
The D-U-N-S Number is a unique nine-digit number that identifies business entities on a location-specific basis. The D-U-N-S Number is widely used as a standard business identifier and is assigned and maintained by Dun & Bradstreet (D&B). For more information, see Apple Support.
Can I enroll as an individual instead of an organization?
Yes, however, the following restrictions may apply:
- If your company is a limited liability company (Corp., Inc.), corporation (LLC, LC, Ltd. Co.), or a legal entity (GmbH, AG, KG, oHg, etc.), you cannot enroll as an individual or your app will be rejected.
- If you are a sole proprietorship or a single person company, you must enroll as an individual.
What are the differences between an individual account and an organization account?
The main differences between an individual account and an organization account are as follows:
- An individual account is very easy to set up, and can be completed in 20 minutes, while an organization account typically takes four weeks to set up because it requires a DUNS number for verification purposes.
- Individual accounts display the business owner’s name as the app publisher, while organization accounts will display the company’s name as the app publisher.
- Organization accounts allow you to invite additional developers to your team within your organization’s account.
How much does it cost to enroll in the Apple Developer Program?
To enroll in the Apple Developer Program, you will need to pay a $99 (USD) annual publisher fee – charged by Apple. This fee is the same whether you enroll as an individual or as an organization, and it must be paid on a yearly basis.