When you make a change to the duration of an Appointment Type, the duration is permanently changed for all Appointments of that type. If you want increase or decrease the duration of a single Appointment, you can do so in 15-minute increments directly from the schedule — this change will apply to only that Appointment. If the Appointment is configured to recur, future Appointments will not be affected.
Appointment duration can only be extended into open times on the schedule. This means that if the staff member is scheduled for another service after an Appointment, the Appointment cannot be extended into that time. Additionally, if the Appointment requires an asset and that asset is booked for a time after the Appointment, the Appointment cannot be extended into that time.
To change the duration of a single Appointment:
- Click the App Drawer button .
- In the App Drawer, click Schedule.
- Click the Calendar button .
- Find the Appointment for which you want to change the duration.
- Click the lower right corner of the Appointment and drag it to the desired end time. You can increase or decrease the duration in 15-minute increments.
- In the confirmation popup, determine which notifications should be sent:
- Set Send Client Notification to ON to send a notification to the client informing them of the change to the Appointment.
- Set Send Staff Notification to ON to send a notification to the staff member informing them of the change to the Appointment.
- Click YES. The duration of the Appointment is changed.